Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Great Expansion


 How you like this 36 weeks shot taken by my little photographer Pip?  It's not perfect, but it was taken by Pip and that makes it super special to me.  Plus, I'd have to admit that's a pretty cute photo bomber crashing my pregnancy pic.

I'm 36 weeks +couple of days and I honestly can't imagine getting any bigger. It seems that all the great weight gain I did in the 1st and 2nd trimester has been completely undone in the 3rd.  While I physically don't appear as big, my baby bump is growing exponentially each week! 

I had a doctor's appointment earlier this week and my body is gearing up for delivery, but he assured me "NO baby this week!"  This I already knew.  Lil' Bean is going to be here in 2 weeks- mark my word on this.  I am almost confident that he will be making his appearance sometime in the next 2 weeks.  So by my "mother's instinct" calculations that puts him as being born on or around 38 weeks pregnant which is between August 30- September 2.

I want to clarify that this is not wishful thinking.  I don't care if he comes at 38weeks or on his due date.  I hate when people assume that I'm just ready to kick this kid out of my belly. Not so. I like to look at patterns and try to find similarities or coincidences between events.  For example:

P was born at 37 weeks, she shares a birthday with her daddy.  I hoped that she would be a Halloween baby, she came an exact week after Halloween.  Her original due date kept changing from the 12th, 19th, 26th.  I'm assuming the 26th was the most accurate due date, but who knows.

B was born at 39 weeks.  I had a feeling she would be a 4th of July baby instead of her original due date of July 12th.  Because of this "mother's instinct", I kept telling her to hold on until Grandma came and then she could come whenever she wanted and we changed my mom's flight from the 9th to the 4th.  She was born in the early morning hours of the 5th, an exact week before her original due date.

So based on these numbers and finding patterns:  A will be born at 38 weeks.  My mother's instinct was a week off with P, a day off with B, so it should be spot on with A.  Also, P shares Bob's birthday and she was first born.  A is the last, he's the only McRae male- wouldn't it be weird if he shared a birthday with his middle namesake?   We also felt impressed to fly Bobby's mom in at the end of this month.  Now A's due date is September 14th. So, I could be wrong in all respects and my theories are just that- theories.  We'll see...

1 comment:

thanaglim said...

well I for one can't wait for my little nephew