Thursday, May 9, 2013

5 Months Me and Lil' Bean

 
Me at 5 months
 
 
Lil' Bean at 5 months
 
 Maybe someone can confirm or refute this claim, but I'm going to conclude that being pregnant with a boy is SOOOOOOO much easier than being pregnant with a girl.  My hair looks great- I can go 3 days in between washings and no one is the wiser! My skin is flawless, but dry so I slather on the moisturizer and it's smooth like butter with no pimples!  I feel pretty good too.  So good that sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and if it weren't for the belly sticking out a bit farther than normal I'd swear I wasn't pregnant.  Sure there's the aches and pains- hello round ligament pain, oh there you are sciatic nerve, and varicose veins how I've missed you BUT overall, this pregnancy has been very good.  I've steadily gained a pound or 2 between each visit (this is big for me as I generally gain about 5-6 pounds each month).  I crave salads and occasionally candy, not much fast food passes these lips or cake or cookies for that matter (lately I've been indulging in ice cream, but it's a passing faze as the ice cream helps soothe this cough I've been nursing for 3 weeks).  And, I'm still running and exercising.  I don't run near as much as I did (4 days down to 2 or 3), but I'm running 3 miles when I do run.  I joined a exercise group for moms to be and moms of little ones and I'm still out there squatting and lunging like my life depended on it.  So at this halfway point (22 weeks tomorrow), I feel good. 
 
Lil' Bean is doing great too!  He's growing normally and is right on track with his size matching his gestational age.  He's active and on the latest ultrasound I could see him trying to suck his thumb.  His kicks and jabs are becoming more noticeable to me, but Bob still hasn't felt anything.  Piper talks to my belly and tells Lil' Bean "hi!" and "I love you".  Brynn is still clingy and all momma's girl, but has opened up to the idea of "babies" in general.  Instead of hitting babies, she will say "hi baby". I think that's progress.
 
 
Several people have asked us if we have a name yet.  The answer is yes and no.  Before we even had kids, we had a boy name picked.  It appeared that this name was set in stone as our baby boy name, but Bobby threw in another name to the mix when we were pregnant with Brynn and I love it, too!  I can't decide.  With Piper and Brynn, I just knew as soon as I heard and said the name, I knew that was their name.  With Bean, I can't decide.  According to Bob and Piper, the decision has been made. But me...I need to see him first.  I need to see his face and see who he is. 

2 comments:

Laura K. said...

I don't have a girl pregnancy to compare it to, but I will say that this pregnancy has been easy for me. I have felt good, haven't gained much weight and often ”forget” that I am pregnant like you said. Although I cannot say the same as far as skin goes. I've had horrible skin ever since week 6 or so. Not a fan. :)

Emily said...

I had good skin and GREAT hair (at the end), but I only had about a week and half of feeling good. The rest was miserable. I craved only junk food. And I gained a ton of weight. So, I sure hope this wasn't an "easy" pregnancy! ;)