Thursday, April 4, 2013

Hotdog or Hamburger?

After much contemplation and peer/self pressure, Bobby and I decided to do a gender ultrasound (which you pay for) before our (free) 20week anatomy ultrasound (because 4 weeks is way too long to wait when you want to know if it's a he or a she). 

I've seen my fair share of ultrasounds and have gotten very, very good at knowing what's what.  So when the tech found the face, I knew "oh there's the face and he/she has his/her hands up by his/her face.  Awwww, so cute". 

The tech started moving her wand around to the legs and before she said it, my brain registered what I was seeing...

You don't have to squint to see it...(thank goodness or Bob would be sad)...

 
It's a BOY!
 
We are beyond excited, nervous, thrilled, elated, joyful, and still in shock.  This is a girl house.  I don't know a thing about boys...
 
We're a having a BOY!
 
Yahoo!!

7 comments:

Theresa said...

Congrats on a boy! Have you picked a name yet?

Laura said...

SOOOO excited for you! You will love having a boy - they are so much fun. Congratulations!

Nicol said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you guys! Our kids must be conspiring in heaven... we are expecting a baby girl Aug 3. :)

thanaglim said...

i'm not very good at looking at ultrasounds and figuring out things...I don't see it but I'll take your word for it that it's a boy!! Yay! I'm gonna have a nephew!

Emily said...

Congrats! Bob needs someone on his side. :)

thanaglim said...

ok now I see what orientation it's in, I thought I was looking at the side view of the baby not the bottom hee hee

Jessica said...

My suspicions were correct! Hooray for the McRaes!