Saturday, June 9, 2012

11 MONTHS!

Just a year ago at this time, I was working on her baby quilt and anxiously waiting her arrival.  In 1 month, she'll be one.  I'm still wrapping my head around that:  How is it that I have 1 month left in babyhood? 
What is Brynnie up to now:

*Brynnie is a cruiser.  A cell phone placed just out of her reach prompted this milestone- remote controls, cameras, anything Piper has, food, the dog all elicit the same response.  She can stand briefly without assistance too.

*I don't get to read or play as much with Brynn as I did with Piper, but that hasn't stopped Brynn from developing a love affair with books and figuring out how things work

*She's a bit like her sister:  independent when it comes to playing and exploring

*LOVES her blanket.  She has a few:  2 white ones knitted by her Oma and a pink, blue, white chevron stripped one that was knitted for me when I was a baby. She loves having the blanket snuggled right up against her face. 

*Plays Peek-A-Boo.  So cute!  She'll put the blanket over her head and when you ask "where's Brynnie?" all you hear is giggling from the blanket.  It's quite possibly the cutest thing ever. 

*Is the messiest eater on the planet!  She has to eat naked.  More food ends up on her face and in her hair than in her belly.  She's sneaky too!  Boo will unabashedly park herself under the highchair at mealtimes because she knows Brynn will throw her some food...on purpose.

*Speaking of food, Brynn LOVES hotdogs and fruit HATES veggies.  I put a piece of broccoli in her mouth and she spit it out- wouldn't touch it. 

*Doesn't sign as much as I would like.  She is very vocal and will occasionally sign "milk".  She tries to say "more" and has "mama"  down like a champ.  Other than that, her vocabulary isn't as big as Pip's was at this age, but she knows how to use her voice. 

*Dropped her morning and afternoon nap and now only does 1 long nap from 12/1-5pm.  Her nighttime sleep is from 8-8:30/9am.  So we're getting anywhere between 16-18 hours of sleep. 

*I call her the Brute.  Brynnie is tough as nails and super strong and she knows it. 

 
Do I have something on my face?
If it's really quiet in Brynn's room, it means she's reading a book
Brynnie and Piper love playing together.  Piper has taken a keen interest in "teaching" Brynnie

2 comments:

Chelsey said...

They are both so sweet and that is a seriously AMAZING sleep schedule you have going on over there?!?

mcamp said...

She dropped her 2 naps? Fascinating how quickly they change :)