Monday, June 25, 2012

"Summer, Summer, Summertime...

Let's just sit back and unwind"

 I love summer.  There's a nostalgic quality that summer has- the vinyl smell of a freshly bought pool, eating juicy watermelon, running through the sprinklers, wafts of coconut tanning lotion in the air, grilling out, and enjoying over 12 hours of daylight. Summer's the best!

One thing that I absolutely love about our new neighborhood is the overabundance of summer activities and 13 wonderful pools.  I wasn't sure if I would be a "pool-side mommy", but the 100 degree temps changed my mind pretty quickly and it's Texas-you practically live in the pool year round.  The pool in our "village" is a mini waterpark. It has slides, a playscape, and a lazy river. It's fantastic. We bought our pool pass and it's already paid for itself twice over. 

Both Piper and Brynnie are signed up for swim lessons this summer and they are total water babies, just like their mama. Piper loves to swim around and pretend to be "Nemo".  She'll start reenacting scenes from the movie with other pool goers (and no, they don't know they are in her movie).  It's really funny to watch her start yelling at random pool goers "Swim away, swim away" or "Don't touch the butt (boat)".  Brynnie will splash around, crawl through the water, and mostly escape me.  She keeps me on my toes at the pool. 

 We have a goal to visit all 13 pools this summer.  While we've only visited 3 since getting our passes (it rained all last week or we would've been at the pool everyday), I think we could easily achieve our goal in no time.  Man, I love summer!






No comments: