Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cowgirl Up!

It's RODEO time here in Houston, Texas!  Piper's preschool celebrates the Rodeo with an annual cowboy breakfast, petting zoo, and pony rides.  I was informed that this event (and the Rodeo) are something special and to miss them pretty much means you aren't exactly a Texan.  I didn't believe it until I saw a segment on the news talking about where you can find western wear for your kids and to better shop now because they are selling out fast.  I kicked myself into high gear and made sure my kid wasn't left out of festivities! 

"I want to be a cowboy's sweetheart
I want to learn to rope and ride
I want to ride o'er the plains and the deserts
Out west of the great divide
I want to hear the coyotes howlin'
While the sun sets in the West
I want to be a cowboy's sweetheart
That's the life I love the best"

A cowgirl isn't complete without her horse

I made her chaps out of the cow costume Bob bought for a work  function.  They were a huge hit at her preschool. I'll admit, she was the BEST dressed cowgirl! 

After breakfast, they let the kids go outside for pony rides and the petting zoo

Pippy wasn't scared to ride the horse by herself.  She did fantastic!  

Riding off into the sunset



The petting zoo was fantastic- the animals seemed to be well taken care of and were clean.   I was surprised to see so many baby animals.  They were so cute and cuddly.  Piper had a fondness for the little ones and that black rooster back there.  Yep, Pippy petted a rooster!


And this fawn had a liking for the hats.  In fact, all the animals did.  They went after every hat wearing kid.  It was hilarious.  Being the good mommy that I am, I removed the hat (but not before I snapped a couple of pictures of Pippy yelling at the deer, "No deer, this is my hat!)  I mean seriously, check out that grip he has on her hat!?!

More baby animals!

And this is where Pip spent most of her time- the baby pig's pen.  I'm not much of a pig lover, but he was pretty cute.  

I couldn't tear her away from baby "Babe"

Cowboys and Cowgirls!
We had so much fun!  I'm so glad I enrolled Piper in this preschool.  It's been a great fit for her and she loves her friends and teachers.  Everyone at the school really cares about the kids and treats everyone so kindly!

6 comments:

irasema said...

she is the cutest cowgirl ever!! i love the chaps :D

mcamp said...

Oh my gosh that is fantastic!

Laura said...

SO cute! I love her outfit and especially how you did her hair. I'm impressed she rode that pony all by herself!

Chelsey said...

She is adorable!! I can't believe that fawn. Weston would have been freaking out.

Kate said...

Oh man, that picture at the top is ADORABLE. She is such a cute cowgirl!

Emily said...

By FAR the cutest cowkid present.