While this cutie has been sleeping:
I've been busy sewing this:
It took me an entire week working roughly 4-6 hours a day to complete. I really enjoyed making the "Quiet Book" and look forward to adding more pages. The hardest part was cutting the actual canvases (it would've been easier if I had followed the directions more closely...) . My favorite pages are the "Counting buttons" page and the "Barn" page. I hope she enjoys playing with it on the plane ride to Houston, TX!
and this...
The sleep sack was a total PAIN! First, I didn't have a pattern so I cut one from a sleeper she already had. Secondly, I had to attach a zipper which I had only done under direct and constant supervision from my mommy. I am proud to say I attached a zipper- all by myself! The stitching isn't perfect, but thankfully Piper will only sleep in it.
I have more sewing plans this summer: a few skirts for myself, another sleep sack (which I will sew under direct supervision of my mom), and more pages for the "Quiet Book".
6 comments:
love it! Her hair is soooo long and she looks adorable! the book is a great idea and it turned out great! Proud of your zipper. I always mess up mine.
Oh my goodness how much I loved seeing her cute little face. Those look great I love her quiet book it's so cute. Way to go!
Okay, I have been drooling over all the homemade quiet books, please share the details so I can stop drooling and get planning! That is awesome!!
Check you out, getting all crafty! See, you can TOTALLY do this stay at home mom stuff. :) I LOVE your quiet book! I made one for Hannah last year, and yours looks 500% better. And I should totally make a summer sleep sack like that for Hannah. She's been using a fleece one this past summer, but some nights it's just too warm... but I feel like she associates her "sleepy sack" with sleeping. I just might have to copy you... but I'm pretty sure I probably suck at zippers too. :) Anyway, I am super impressed by your skills!
Cute baby, cute book, and cute sleep sack! I so need to make Calvin a quiet book!
Wow, absolutely impressive...you have a pattern you could share with the rest of us for both items? You are talented!
Post a Comment