Monday, May 3, 2010

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye...

I made a carrot cake. I ate 2 pieces of it today. I went out for an hour. When I left, there was half a carrot cake. When I returned, I found this-


and then I saw her-

GOODBYE CARROT CAKE! I will miss you. I am so sad you aren't on Facebook or have a blog. Because if you did, I could continue to check on you and it won't be like you were ever really gone. I feel as though I never really got to say a proper goodbye. Maybe if I had taken a pic of us together or spent more time talking to you, I wouldn't feel this way. Sigh.

Seriously, though... GOODBYE MBA FRIENDS! I will miss you. I'm terrible at goodbyes and just rush through them as if I'll see you tomorrow. Thankfully, I can continue to blog stalk you and keep up with you on Facebook. To the MBA playgroup girls, you were my saving grace when I moved here and needed some friends. Our life will always be connected in some way. Good luck as you move forward in your new adventures. Sigh.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I know how you feel. Luckily we'll still be around! And Chelsey too. :-)

Sara said...

Oh Carrot Cake! I never even had the chance to meet you! ha ha ha

I can't think about the MBA friends who are leaving -- too sad.

Nicole said...

So where are you going after this?

Lesly said...

Well, Bobby is going to Houston for his summer internship. I'll be here in Bloomington.

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

We will miss you too! I can't believe it has gone so fast. We loved hanging out with you and piper this year. Thanks for all the good times. I had a blast with you at the children's museum last week. I will continue to blogstalk you too to stay in touch:)

Jessica said...

Boo is a smart, smart doggie. Way to go!