Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Follow-Up

I've received so many comments to my SOS blog post-whether it's by personal email or on the actual blog. Thank you to those that responded-it helped me realize that my struggle is not a new one. I was commenting to my friend about how one of the things that made me a kick a** teacher was that I observed the good/bad teachers. I figured out what kind of teacher I wanted to be based on the examples that I saw. I took bits and pieces of each teacher-qualities I wanted and qualities that I could do without. I wasn't a perfect teacher to begin with, but over time, I developed into a pretty darn good teacher. I guess I need to look at being a mom like did being a teacher: beg, borrow, steal, and claim the awesome as your own.

Piper is my one and only. She's growing everyday. I will look back and be thankful I had all this time for her. I better make the most of it. NOW.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You can totally get through this! Remember what a huge support group you have... even though we're all different, all moms are united in our efforts to enjoy motherhood and enjoy our kids. :)