I met my running partner, Ms. L, at Pip's ballet class and started running with her at the beginning of June. Right out of the gate she had me go almost 5 miles in an hour- I knew that I would have to step up and tap into my inner competitor if I wanted to keep up with her. We run together at 6am, 4 days a week. We have a great give and take running relationship, so together we've upped our pace to almost 9 minutes and run 4-4.5 miles. I signed us up for a 4th of July run in the big city. (we're suburbanites now) The run was a "this is more than my hobby" runner's run. Basically, the participants were mostly from runner's clubs looking to set PRs and whet their appetite for the marathon in January. We definitely delivered on race day.
| Looking all cute and ready to run. I've decided that running in a skirt is the way to go. Good bye chaffing! |
| There were about 1300 participants. We positioned ourselves in the middle that way we could get out of the gate faster and pass all the runners who piddle out halfway through the race |
| We've been spotted in the crowd |
| Me in all my racing glory. I'm in the homestretch. |
| The moment I realized I'd just set myself a new personal record! 28:02 |
| Both my friend and I set PRs and finished average for the race- 500+/- out of 1300+/- participants. Not too shabby! |
| We celebrated with only the BEST cupcakes on the planet: Crave. We were also the only runners in the cupcake shop. |
No comments:
Post a Comment