Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Look at Me, I'm 3!


I'm officially in the "Where did my baby go?"  phase.  This entire weekend we celebrated Pippy's 3rd birthday.  For starters, I can't believe she's 3 and second, I can't believe she can tell people she's 3.  It seems like yesterday I was cradling her as a newborn.  (sniffle, sniffle)

Our birthday celebrations began with a fun birthday party at the park (it's TX and we can have outdoor parties year-round) with Pip's 2 friends Sebastian and Reagan (though a few were missing, I'm sure they know who they are...) .  All Pip wanted for her birthday was for people to sing "Happy Birthday" to her.  You should've seen the grin on her face- priceless.  We had a modest party and modest gifts- several books, monogrammed tote bag, a new train, a Cars 2 car, clothes, a puzzle, Rio movie, and a Thomas the Train activity tent.  She loved ALL her presents! We ate ice cream cake and Chick -Fil- A and the kids played.  I had a few "not so smart mommy" moments- like dressing my birthday girl up in white pants, bringing an ice cream cake to the park in 70 degree weather, and almost throwing away her movie (we were on our way back to the park to sift through trash when I found the movie wedged between the passenger seat and the door). All in all it was a complete success! 
The friends:  Bastian and Reagan

I think birthdays are hard for the kids in attendance, especially when they see a present they want for themselves. I love the look on Bastian's face, " Hmmm, that looks like fun.  I hope Pip invites me over."

My Birthday girl (I know I said it was 70 degrees and yet she's wearing a fleece, but the wind was really blowing and Pip gets "chilly")

Presents!

Singing "Happy Birthday!"  The only way to get the kids to come back from playing was to bribe them with cake.

Waiting for the food!  Pip was so excited to see her friends

Party time!

Buddies


And more buddies!

Some fun tid bits about our 3 year old:

1.  she shares a birthday with daddy
2.  her favorite color is Blue
3.  she loves hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and strawberries
4.  LOVES to dance and sing
5.  wants to help animals feel better ( we told her that's a veterinarian)
6.  thinks Target is the mall
7.  has a very active imagination and loves to "talk" for her animals
8.  "reads"  books and if she can't "read"  she likes for us to read it to her so she can learn the words
9.  very intuitive and observant- I've never met a child who is empathetic
10.  Is still the happiest little girl on the planet

Pippy- we're so blessed to be your parents!  You are an amazing little girl and so smart. We love you!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday Piper (and Bob)! We wish we could have been there but we love and remember you from afar.

irasema said...

So precious!! Happy birthday little pip!! so glad she had such a fun birthday party. now i will sit here and wait on Bob's birthday party pictures (n__n)

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Pip! You really seem like one cool girl. If I would have seen you on your birthday, I would have sung to you. It wouldn't have been pretty, but I would still sing. :)

PS. Lesly, you look great!

Emily said...

She is SO cute. She's been beautiful since day one, though. I used to marvel at how she looked like a little doll. You and Bobby make some pretty adorable kids!