Friday, November 4, 2011

The Funny Farm

HaPpy HalloWeen

Somehow, someway Halloween managed to skip by me.  I, typically, have our Halloween costumes already picked out and envisioned a full year in advance.  BUT this year...I was lucky to even get the kids' costumes finished. Our theme was supposed to be "Old MacDonald Had a Farm" and I would be the farmer, Bob would be a cow (we have a cow costume from a work fundraiser Bob participated in back in August), Piper would be a pig, and B would be a lamb.  Piper wanted to be a pig and then 3 days before the church's Trunk or Treat she decided she wanted to be a bird.  After much convincing, she went as the pig.  I think the kids looked really cute in their costumes. Surprisingly B wore hers without much fuss- I painstakingly glued on cotton balls to an old onesie and beanie hat.  Bob and I didn't dress up though.  I did, however, wear the cow costume to pass out candy at Pip's preschool.  All in all, I was super lame.  We didn't even go trick or treating.  We took the kids to Costco on Halloween night!  I even forgot my camera to the Trunk or Treat!  Blame the new baby, blame a busy beginning of October looking for houses, blame it on the fact that it's been 80 degrees with no fall leaves, blame it on my decorations being locked away in storage- whatever you blame it on, I totally bombed this year's Halloween.  Next year...will be better.  I promise.  Here are few pics I did manage to snap of this year's festivities.

Terrible cell phone pic, but it was one of the better ones of both kids in their costumes
Pip was a little afraid of the Halloween decorations and she didn't quite "get" the whole trick or treat thing.  In fact, she didn't even eat much of her candy.  She had more fun with her bucket. 


Pip's preschool class.  I know it's weird, but I don't have permission to post these kids' pictures so I put them incognito


Piper Piggy!


3 comments:

Sara said...

Judging by Pip's smiles, I don't think you bombed at all! :) She and Brynn look darling!

mcamp said...

My goodness they look so adorable!!! I think you did a great job!

Laura said...

Cute! I love the costumes, especially the lamb. Well worth the effort. :-)