Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blessed



While we were in Colorado (early October), we decided to bless Baby B. In our church, babies are dressed in white and then given a special blessing from their fathers.  We wanted Bobby's parents, family, and friends to take part in it since they weren't able to come for Piper's blessing and for many of them it was the first time they got to meet Baby B.  We had a nice dinner and then did the blessing.  Baby B wore Pip's blessing dress that my mom made.  I was worried that it wouldn't fit B since Pip was considerably smaller, but it fit like a glove and B looked so cute in it.  

After dinner, Bobby (along with his dad, brother in law, and friend) gave Brynn her special blessing.  He blessed her with an increased capacity for Kindness, that she would be able to change and help others through her acts of Benevolence, seek to be a Peacemaker in her family, that she would be blessed with Self Confidence and have a sense of Individual Worth, that she would have knowledge of her Divine Nature, develop Good Judgement. 

What marvelous traits and qualities to be blessed with.  I know that Brynn has an amazing love for others and a certain gentleness.  I appreciated Bobby including the qualities of self confidence and self-esteem since girls nowadays have so much against them.  I want both my daughters to know that they are Daughters of God and are loved unconditionally and to be of strong moral character.  I'm glad that Bob was inspired to include that in his blessing.

I feel lucky to have witnessed such a beautiful blessing.  Brynn cried through the whole thing (but that's okay), we could feel the spirit of the words being spoken.  I hope Brynn knows how loved she is and will strive to live up to her greatest potential.

3 comments:

Tom, Beth, and Ainsley said...

Congrats to B on her special day. She looks beautiful in her blessing dress! So happy you got to do it with family, we blessed Sam in Utah, because like you we wanted to have family around. I loved the girls costumes...you didn't bomb, you are much more creative than I am. Ainsley wore about five different halloween costumes this year, and none are what she actually wanted to be..."a bride" but I didn't have the energy to make or the desire to buy her yet another dress up. So props to you, you are very crafty and creative!

mcamp said...

How sweet. I'm sure she knows :)

tracyp said...

YAY! Baby blessings are so amazing. I love how She was blessed with most of the YW values, and the ones the can help gain the others. Glad Bobby's family was able to be a part o the day!